5-Week Group Training: Mindful-GYM
Open to individuals, organisations, & SunMed staff
Malaysia’s FIRST EVER structured stress reduction & wellness programme that combines ancient wisdom of mindfulness and state-of-the-art research in cognitive behavioral therapy & positive psychology.
|WEEK 1||Introduction to Mindfulness|
|WEEK 2||Living in the Here-and-Now|
|WEEK 3||Appreciating the Present Moment|
|WEEK 4||Observing & Transforming Thoughts|
|WEEK 5||Befriending Challenges|
Customized for the multiethnic Malaysian community and supported by 8 local scientific research, MINDFULGym the most evidence-based and leading mindfulness program in Malaysia.
1 NOVEMBER 2019
8 NOVEMBER 2019
15 NOVEMBER 2019
22 NOVEMBER 2019
29 NOVEMBER 2019
Date & Time
Fridays, 2:00pm – 5:00pm
Swan Convention Centre, Sunway Medical Centre
RM1,000 per pax
Inclusive of training materials and tea breaks
Mindfulness has long been practised, and is said to have complementary benefits that include stress reduction, relaxation and improved quality of life. Find out more about how to practise mindfulness to improve your health from Dr Phang Cheng Kar, Consultant Psychiatrist, from Sunway Medical Centre.
Introduction to Mindfulness
- ABC of Stress & Happiness
- Mindful Body Stretching
- NOW-ing: Labelling Physical Activities
Living in the Here-and-Now
- Song: Happiness is Here-and-Now
- Mindful-STOP & HTC: Taking A Mindful Break
- Mindful Breathing: Deepening the NOW
Appreciating the Present Moment
- Beginner’s Mind & Mindful Eating
- Story: A Better Tomorrow Chocolate
- Mindful Walking & Photography
Observing & Transforming Thoughts
- Mind-Scan: Recognizing Thinking Errors
- Transforming Thinking Errors
- Gratitude Workout: Google-WWW-Yahoo
- 5 Mindful Vitamins
- No Worry-Lah, Be Sleepy: Body Scan & Kindness
- Cultivating HEART-fulness (Loving-Kindness)
- Phang, C. K., Mukhtar, F., Ibrahim, N., Keng, S.-L., & Mohd. Sidik, S. (2015). Effects of a brief mindfulness-based intervention program for stress management among medical students: the Mindful-Gym randomized controlled study. Advances in Health Sciences Education, 20(5), 1115 – 1134.
- Phang, C. K., Mukhtar, F., Ibrahim, N., Keng, S.-L., & Mohd. Sidik, S. (2015). Effects of a DVD-delivered mindfulness-based intervention for stress reduction in medical students: a randomized controlled study. Education in Medicine Journal, 7(3).
- Keng, S-L., Phang, C.K., & Oei, T.P.S. (2015). Effects of a Brief Mindfulness-based Intervention Program on Psychological Symptoms and Well-being among Medical Students in Malaysia: A Controlled Study. International Journal of Cognitive Therapy, 8(4), 335-35o.
- Phang, C. K., Chiang, K. C., Ng, L. O., Keng, S.-L., & Oei, T. P. S. (2016). Effects of Brief Group Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy for Stress Reduction among Medical Students in a Malaysian University. Mindfulness, 7(1), 189-197.
- Hee, K.L, Subramanian, P., Rahmat, N., & Phang, C.K. (2014). The Effect of Mindfulness Training Programme on Reducing Stress and Promoting Well-being among Nurses in Critical Care Units. Australian Journal of Advance Nursing, 31(3), 22–31.