Total Knee Replacement Package
5 days (4 nights) 2-Bedded Ward stay and meals
1 Day Intensive Care (HDU) stay (Bilateral Knee Replacemet)
Pre-operative blood profile
Anesthesia & Standard Anesthesia Charge
Routine Medication during hospitalisation
Medical Equipment & Medical Supllies
Limited to maximum 8 times inpatient ward visits
Unilateral Knee Replacement
Bilateral Knee Replacement
Price quoted are in MYR and excludes Government Tax (GST)
- Appointment must be made through International Patient Centre:
Email: email@example.com Tel: +603 7491 1098.
- The package prices quoted are in Malaysian Ringgit and exclude Government Tax (GST).
- Package offer is subject to examination by a spacialist at Sunway Medical Centre.
- The package price is applicable to cases without complications.
- The package is only applicable to cash payee.
- The package excludes any additional service and consumable items use.
- Cross referral to other specialists are not included.
- Surcharge applicable on Sunday and public holidays observed in Malaysia.
- The package excludes outpatient specialist consultations, lab tests, procedures prior to the the admission.
Our International Patient Centre is located on Ground Floor, Tower A.
Monday – Friday: 8:30am – 5:30pm
Saturday: 8:30am – 1:00pm
What are the benefits of TKR?
TKR increases your mobility, relieves pain and corrects deformity.
When do you need a TKR?
If your knee is severely damaged by arthritis or injury, if you find it hard to perform simple daily activities such as walking or climbing stairs, if you feel pain and stiff when you sit or lie down, if you have chronic knee inflammation and swelling that does not improve with rest or medications, if you have knee deformity, and if non-surgical treatments such as medications and walking support are no longer working, you may want to consider TKR.
How long can it last?
15 years is the average duration for 90% of the cases.
What is the recovery process duration?
With the availability of advanced technology, the average stay in the hospital is 3-5 days and most patients should be able to walk without assistance 2-4 weeks after surgery. Physical therapy will begin generally one to two days after surgery. You should expect six weeks or more of physical therapy before you can completely resume normal activities. In general, however, you should be able to partake in certain low-impact activities within a few weeks.
What are the possible complications from TKR surgery?
The complication rate following knee replacement is low as knee replacements have emerged as a mainstream surgery. According to the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), serious complications include infection, stiffness and pain, wound problems and medical problems.