Please read the following info to find out more what you need to prepare for admission or discharge.
Morning: 11.00am – 1.00pm | Afternoon: 5.00pm – 9.00pm
A Visit Pass may be obtained from the Security Officer for visits after 9.00pm.
TV (except four-bedded units) | Telephone | Bathroom | Sofa bed in Suite and Deluxe rooms | Nurses call-bell system
- Companions are not allowed in double-bedded and four-bedded units unless specifically indicated with the approval of Sister-in-Charge. Only female companion is allowed for female patients and vice-versa.
- Please advice the hospital of any special dietary preference unless specifically ordered by our Doctor/Dietitian during your admission.
- Kindly inform the ward nurses if you need to leave the ward at any time during your stay.
- Only husbands are allowed to accompany you in the Labour Room. Public waiting lounge is located near the lift lobby.
- You will be observed in the Labour Room for at least one hour after delivery, before you are sent to the ward. Your baby will be with you after delivery in the Labour Room to initiate breastfeeding and bonding if baby’s condition permits.
- When you are ready to be transferred out to the ward, your baby will be sent to the Nursery for his or her bath.
- Breastfeeding and rooming-in with your baby is encouraged. Please let the Nursery staff know if you wish to room-in with your baby or if you need any assistance.
- The breastfeeding nurse will guide and advice you regarding breastfeeding.She is available from 8.30am – 5.00pm from Mondays to Fridays and 8.30am – 1.00pm on Saturdays.
- The Paediatrician will check on your baby every day and whenever necessary.
- Vaccinations are strongly recommended. It will be given by trained nursing staff upon your consent. The BCG vaccine is a compulsory vaccination under the Malaysian National Immunisation Schedule set by the Ministry of Health, Malaysia.
- Sunway Medical Centre adopts the policy of Universal Newborn Hearing Screening. Hearing test for your baby will be done by a certified audiologist with an additional nominal charge upon your consent and before your baby is discharged.
- Once your doctor considers you fit to be discharged from the hospital, our ward staff will keep you informed of the necessary arrangements.
- The Paediatrician will examine your baby to ensure he or she is fit to go back with you.
- We will schedule your post natal and baby’s follow up appointment with the respective doctor.
- Once your bill and your baby’s bill are ready, you will be directed to settle the bills at the Ground Floor Discharge Counter.
- Before leaving the ward, you will be advised on birth registration, care of your baby and subsequent vaccination by our trained staff.
- Appointment Card/Doctor’s Letter of Admission
- Own clothes
- Nursing brassiere
- Bath towel and face flannel
- Baby’s bootees and mittens
- One set of baby’s clothes
- Baby towel
- Toiletries (included in the Admission Kit which is available upon admission)
*Do pack your bag at least two weeks in advance. Please do not wear any jewellery or contact lenses prior to admission.