The Diabetes Care Centre has been developed as part of our commitment to provide high quality care and services to our diabetic patients. Leveraging on a multidisciplinary network that exists within Sunway Medical Centre, our Diabetes Care Centre uses a holistic approach to care for our diabetic patients.
The Diabetes Care Centre helps patients with diabetes to achieve and maintain good control of their diabetes so that they can continue to live as normal a life as possible.
Our trained and dedicated Diabetes Nurse Specialists provide educational counselling services tailored to the individual needs of patients with diabetes as well as their caregivers. Our services include:
- Educational counselling to improve understanding of the disease and its prevention, management and potential complications
- Educational counselling on living a healthy lifestyle
- Education on medications prescribed for the management of diabetes and how to improve adherence to treatment
- Self blood glucose monitoring and techniques of blood glucose testing
- Insulin injection techniques and coping skills associated with insulin treatment
- Counselling on foot care and foot exercise
Apart from providing comprehensive care to patients with diabetes and their caregivers, our mission is to also promote continuous improvement in the knowledge and management of diabetes of health care professionals.
Both inpatient and outpatient services are available at the centre. For outpatient appointments, please contact: